Friday, October 26, 2012

Magnificent 7

  Seven comments on seven blog posts. It seemed like an easy assignment. I should know better than that by now. My computer refused to post comments that I posted. So my comments only appear in this blog. I also discovered that it is hard to make constructive comments. I also have had trouble with formatting so what follows isn't especially pretty.

On Shane Mitrovitch's Blog:  Kevin Wyckoff said...I liked your post. I would suggest reading it aloud to iron out the mechanics. It would be nice to hear more of your voice and opinions, as it is it feels like you pulled all your opinions from your article.  October 19, 2012 11:46 AM  

On The Lane Adventures of Liz: Kevin Wyckoff said... I like the way you laid out your post, lots of good space and pictures. I would suggest reading your work aloud to smooth out the mechanics. You did a good job reporting a complex issue. October 19, 2012 12:09 PM On College Work

On College Work Kevin Wyckoff said...
I like your topic. I would suggest reading out loud to iron things out.
October 19, 2012 12:40 PM

On Colby's Frontier
Divergence We Stand
Kevin Wyckoff said...
I really like your post. You have a good handle on the topic. The post seems a little short for such a complicated topic
October 19, 2012 12:53 PM

Dissolving a Parliament
Kevin Wyckoff said...
Great Post. You managed to summarize the article quickly and make your points well stated. Additionally your post is awesomely brief, all the important parts with no extraneous fluff.
October 22, 2012 9:21 AM
 On The SMITHsonian Podium:
Naive eyes
Kevin Wyckoff said...
I like where you went with this post. I had never thought of the lying aspect of makeup and hair. I also like your use of pictures
October 22, 2012 8:57 AM

Finding Blame
Kevin Wyckoff said...
I like the direction you took with this article. You did a great job summarizing the article. I think this posts ideas could be a little more organized and even a little more fleshed out
October 22, 2012 9:11 AM

I got many great responses to my posts. They were all awesomely positive. I got some good feedback about better using comma's how to work the text to be easier to read. The comment I liked the most came from Eve, she posted:
"Your summary of the article was thoughtfully organized making a difficult topic perfectly understandable to someone like me who does not keep up too well with politics. But it is clear that YOU do from this summary.
You gave an interesting opener about timelessness that wanted me to read more about your subject. I wondered how you would present the information with timelessness in mind.
You gave great examples to support your claim that election times are linked to economic uncertainty. I especially appreciated that you mentioned different parts of the world.

This brings me to a couple of questions. When you said 'Markets enjoy predictability...' it seems that you needed to clarify that a little bit better than following it with '...and few things are scarier than a new administration.' It seems to me that there is a gap of information there.

And lastly, I did not get a sense of your response to the information that you gave. I would like to know how you feel about the matter."

 I appreciated this response because it called me out on a few of my own problems with my writing. I would have enjoyed working through another draft of this before posting, and beefing up a few statements that I leave hanging. I also think I could have done a better job of adding information from other sources. As is I mostly took my information for the post from the article in our textbook.  I also appreciated her wondering about my opinion. I purposely attempted to write a paper about a
politically charged topic in an apolitical way. I have strong political opinions, however I am not very comfortable sharing them on the internet. So I used my paper on economics as an exercise in leaving myself out of my writing, and write an objective paper. 

I really enjoyed seeing how other writers in the class tackled their subjects. I really enjoyed the comments I got on my work. I got a lot of food for thought for future writing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment